CMA has just completed a major refit for Wildcat Marine on behalf of the Explore Group. Reef Explorer was in need of a major refit to bring it in line with the new AMSA regulations as well as a cosmetic make over to match her sister ship Ocean Explorer, which won the 2020 Work Boat Work Best Large Tourist Vessel.
Fabrication tasks undertaken:
- Major hull and underwing replacement.
- The lower and upper external weather deck was replaced due to major corrosion.
- Upgraded the dive platform and back deck dive station.
- Integral fuel tanks were fully reconstructed.
Engineering tasks undertaken:
- Sewerage treatment system replacement.
- Fitted a new generator.
- Bilge system upgrades.
- Fresh water system replacement.
- New shaft and rudder bearings installed.
- All new sea strainers installed.
- Modern air in / air out ventilation fans / Dampeners / Grilles.
- Dive compressor refurbishment inc oxygen bank replacement.
Fitout tasks undertaken:
- New passenger seating and upholstery.
- Full internal paint system (internal and external decks included).
- New ceiling linings (interior / exterior).
- Full external wrap to match the previous Explore Group build.
- Install and upgrade electronics.
- Full underwater paint system.